Sunday 14 May 2023

Acajou Trousers

Deer and Doe Acajou Pants / Trousers. I think I purchased this pattern in 2019? My first version was in chambray, which has more drape than this fabric, for this version I ended up taking in the side seams to reduce the curve, I think I sewed a 2cm seam allowance instead of 1.5cm. I would sew my waist size (smaller) next time for the hips and legs too but the crotch curve of the hip size. They are a high waist banana shape trouser with fly zip and button fastening. I used a deadstock designer cotton suiting which is grey with woven yarn pinstripe, it has a fairly smooth finish and is quite crisp, I chose this because I love wearing grey and they are light but strong and opaque. My other change was to interface the fly zip portions on the fronts, interface the top of the back pockets and front pocket edges, and I sewed two back pockets instead of one. I also added cotton twill tape to the top of the back waistband, that's a trick I learned from Itch to Stitch where there is no interfacing, the back has elastic for fitting and comfort.

  • Options for cup sizes, sizes 00 - 40
  • Asymmetric front
  • Fitted with waist and armhole darts
  • Option to line or not line
  • Edges finished with piping or bias tape
  • Designed for woven fabric or stable knit fabric