Saturday 29 April 2023

Salamanca Jacket Check

Itch to Stitch Salamanca Jacket in Lady McElroy cotton mix canvas gifted by Minerva for review in 2021. I added 3 x silver trousers hooks to the yoke to fasten it. The checks are pattern matched and the jacket is fully lined, the sleeves and hem are handstitched although edges are enclosed by the lining. I used pinstripe soft Italian shirting. I want to be sustainable with my sewing and use older separates in new outfits. I know this is only two years old but I made so many fabric fails (and on me, patterns) in my first years of sewing.
The jacket is the older sizing 00 to 20 and cup sizes A to DD. It's one of my most worn sewing patterns! I feel like the projects that take a little longer to make are underrated as they last a long time due to careful sewing and they're real workhorses. I also love that this jacket can be sewn with buttons or snap fasteners, or trouser hooks as I did. It's worth having a gentle cropped jacket that doesn't feel slapdash, there are facings, closures and a lining.
Jacket fabric Minerva suppliedItch to Stitch Salamanca Jacket 
  • A, B, C, D and DD cups for the perfect fit
  • Completely lined for a beautiful finish
  • Cropped, swing style jacket with high-low hem
  • Gathered raglan sleeves
  • Layers feature (print only the sizes you need)