Saturday, 28 January 2017

Surgiton Calanques - Landscapes

Took a photo of my friend standing on the right!
From Marseille, walk to Castellane and take the 21 Bus to Luminy (last stop). Walk through the National Park and follow the arrows, we walked to the top view point of Surgiton then around the  white limestone Puget Cliffs and hiked down to the calanque. The views of the mountains, greenery and water were spectacular. I wish we had time to see the other calanques too! 
 It was like the land before time.
View of Morgiou Calanque. Take the 22 bus to go there.
Flora and fauna
Small amount of hiking to get to this sitting area.
 I am sure the water will look more turquoise in summer. I couldn't quite capture it on camera.
 It was cold in this part as the cliffs shaded the sun.
Couldn't decide which calanque to visit but I was very happy with Surgiton! I would like to go to Cassis to see the Calanques En Vau, and see the Gorge Verdon which is accessible by bus 30 minutes from Marseille airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment