Sunday 7 May 2023

Taroko Skirt Floral

Taroko Skirt The new pattern from Itch to Stitch. I ordered this half panama canvas on fabric.co.uk (sold out there) in both the pink and blue to make more jackets. I used the blue to match the Poas Jacket I made last spring or summer with the fabric I was gifted from Minerva. Hopefully I have enough of the pink floral to make a matching set as I love the look and it was productive for my motivation to keep sewing and testing/blogging. Because a) I make toiles from fabric I have instead of buying muslin, b) I order all my fabric online so sometimes they go straight to donate, c) I change my mind, I have a lot of project fails I either charity or reuse the fabric if I love it. It was enjoyable to sew knowing I'd love the result even before sewing it! If you have sewn a fly zip before it is easy to make. The topstitching creates a hard wearing and strong skirt that will last so you can use your favourite medium/heavy weight fabrics. I used brass jeans buttons, I forgot I used flower buttons for the jacket as I was originally going with bows, the skirt has a bow stamped button! 



  • A-line skirt with front princess seams
  • Front patch pockets integrated into the front princess seams
  • Contour waistband sitting at the natural waist
  • Fly-front zipper with button closure
  • Back waist darts for shaping
  • Back patch pockets
  • Optional belt loops.