Saturday 27 May 2023

Itch to Stitch Sibiu Top

Itch to Stitch Sibiu Top in organic cotton french terry, supplied by Minerva for review. I sewed this on an ordinary sewing machine with almost straight zigzag seams 0.5 x 2.5, then I pressed the seams as I went along and finished the raw edges with zigzag 7.0 x 2.5. It's quick to make, There are no hems to measure because it has sleeve cuffs and a banded hem. I've made this pattern with the straight neckband, the cowl shoulder inserts or without, the 3/4 sleeve cuff, and now in the long sleeve cuff. I plan to make a colour block version with the remnant when I order some extra fabric, but there was little fabric left from 2.1 metres, I usually order 2 metres to sew up this pattern, I was going to make a hoodie at first then decided a plain jumper/jersey would be nice to replace 2 pink printed ones I recently donated (not on blog).


  • Relaxed batwing sleeves with shoulder inset option
  • Bottom band resting on high hips
  • Option for cowl or neckband
  • Option for long or three-quarter length sleeves (long or short cuffs)
  • Designed for knit fabric - I like french terry the best!