Monday 20 May 2024

Bestfriend Locket Quilt

Mr W likes the first version I made for my friend, so I made him one too, with a different border (matte gold geometric for the 1st), backing and binding. I purchased some more Tula Pink besties in green to make another, it's a colour I like (green and gold) and I had a half heart from my penpal in the 90s.

Ashford Square pattern from Fabric Cafe Quilts in a Jiffy.

Art Gallery Fabric green and ochre polkadot to bring out the colours. Windham atlas diamond for the natural background, I chose this as it had chain links. The backing is Tilda cotton I purchased on Sherwoods a while ago with a voucher, in cream, teal and primrose yellow. I useused the remainder to make a quilt for my friefriend's cat. Looks like a 2018 range.

Quilting is a darn beige Gutermann thread, which I thought would look gold but blend, bobbin thread is cream. I edge stitched each side of each vertical and horizontal seam, then just under 2 inch in the centres after the first 1.5 inch space.