Sunday 17 March 2024

Dash Quilt

King Charles Spaniel quilt for an Australian relative. The pattern is Dash from the Easy Peasy book by Fabric Cafe. It is 44 by 58 inches, for a sofa or end of bed quilt. I will back in Art Gallery fabric and bind it in the orange. Instead of using Fabric 2 for the squares I used an accent colour. Dog fabrics are Timeless Treasures, white on white lacquer print is John Louden and the rust stripe is Camelot.  I quilted it in cream Gutermann thread edge stitched each side of every seam, which sews through the blocks.


I donated or recycled three quilts recently (first baby quilt, Halloween, leaf) and the next two are birthday gifts. After the urgents, I want to make a cute and quick Easter inspired quilt with chickens and chicks, or lambs in peaceful blues and whites, for the dogs to sleep on.

This quilt I pieced on one weekend and really enjoyed it, it was cool finding a fabric with text on it that is made for adults, and the large blocks show off the dogs. I didn't need to fussy cut them at all, the baby quilt took longer to cut because the pieces were smaller and I wanted to select the black poodles mostly, and this quilt is perfect for directional prints.