Tuesday 5 December 2023

Wandering Way Quilt

Wandering Way quilt from Quilts in a Jiffy. The finished size is 42 X 60 inches. I found this took longer to cut and sew than the previous two Fabric Cafe quilts. I collected Art Gallery Fabric in red, green and ivory, I didn't have red so had to purchase some, I chose a russet or burnt orange red. I showed my books to Mr W, he chose three he liked, I went with this one to go with the fabrics. I used 2 metres of Art Gallery cotton for the back in a geometric print. Gutermann cream colour 414 for topstitching, quilted in rectangles and squares, edge stitching each side of the seam plus through the blank red and green squares. In hindsight, I should have quilted all in squares as there was a lot of thread trimming, stopping and starting! I think the rectangles make the pattern look less like it is all patchwork squares though, the design is more vertical.



Pre quilting