Saturday 23 September 2023

3 Quilted Christmas Stockings

The Cambridge Stocking from Cambridge Stitches is out now and 1/2 of the proceeds are charity fundraising. I made three stockings.  For the first Medium stocking, I used recycled fabric plus 2 Moda mini charm packs in "Date Night". They were the perfect size for this size stocking. There are 2 other stocking sizes too! Back: Linen from a skirt I made as a mockup, I criss cross quilted it. Lining: Liberty cotton lawn from 2 shirts I made as 1st mockups, the colours or print was too fancy for me so I repurposed it for crafts. The patchwork is quilted edge stitched each side of the seam. I used light interfacing on the hoop and handstitched the closer loop to the bound edge, for my next version I ended up interfacing the edge to stop the binding pushing forward with a heavy fabric.

Then the large stocking is made in blue linen and a Nordiska fat quarter pack from Dashwood Studios, I am a big fan of their cottons. I used the same liberty lining. The back is the blue linen used for the binding, this time I cross cross stitched 3cm.
For the 3rd, I used Dashwood buildings, Rico hearts, Art Gallery Fabric winter birds. I bound and backed it in natural washed linen. I used rainbow check cotton lawn for the lining