Strathcona Henley - Thread Theory in olive green cotton jersey with pop snaps. I bought this cotton jerey fabric last year and only had a metre of it, which was enough for making Mr W a short sleeved tshirt. I thought he would look really nice with the placket and it makes mens tshirts a little less boring! I will sew him a better quality cotton next time as I am happy with the fit, my advice is to size one up from the pattern as it is quite slim fitting. I also ordered the Jedediah Pants/Shorts and Fairlied mens shirt but haven't sewn them yet.
Saturday, 8 August 2020
Tuesday, 4 August 2020
I made these casual trousers with the Closet Core Carolyn Pajamas, I shortened the leg 1.5 inches and the waist by 1 inch. Fabric is beige bengaline, which I have had for two years. I had the pattern out when making my friend some loungepants so decided to put it to practical use, plain coloured and gym suitable, the fabric has stretch. Jule et Lily Icecream pendant .
It has a faux fly, I left this one with the stitch and removed the stitches on my friend's version so it has a faux opening. I am going to sew the shorts that come with this pattern too to wear under dresses. I chose the Darling Ranges blouse pattern because I wanted to sew up the hoards of broderie anglaise I have, this pale bright blue is from last April when I made the Dove Blouse in cream. I used small clear shirt buttons.
I might try the shorter sleeve next time or sew the sleeve with elastic again. There is no collar so you don't see the interfacing (there is no interfacing at the neckline it is just bias binding). You cut interfacing for the front panels and fold inward but it doesn't show. I added a length of interfacing before sewing the buttonholes too as the embroidery chews the bobbin thread otherwise, you just cut/tear it off after sewing them.
Megan Nielsen Banksia Blouse - I bought this pattern in 2017 and I wear a gingham version a lot working from home. Broderie Anglaise fabric in cream. I thought of a traditional Edwardian style blouse and wanted to make the collar, instead of using interfacing and two sides eyelet, I lined in in unbleached calico cotton.