Monday 8 January 2024

Christmas Tree Skirt

Jordan Fabrics Tree Skirt (free pattern). I've wanted to make this for a year and finally got round to it! I ordered this vintage coca-cola style Blank Quilting cotton in a January sale and thought Mr W would like it, the large print was perfect for the 10 inch squares in the tree skirt. Finished size approximately 62 inches. I sewed it stitch and flip as suggested, then topstitched the edges and some of the seams, it doesn't need a lot of quilting. Fabrics: Liberty floral, Art gallery fabric birds, Riley Blake santa, blank quilting vintage Christmas,  Nikha Bella? floral. The two cream diamonds blend so I probably should have used more of a contrast, but I wanted to use both fabrics. Secured with mini safety pins. I think it looks neater than sewing on ribbons.