Saturday 30 September 2023

Halloween Bags S9814

The Halloween is in the wolf print Dashwood cotton lining. I picked up this Laura Ashley pdf pattern in a Simplicity USA pdf sale. I made a Gift for Mr W, a tote and a matching medicine bag (I don't use makeup bags and it reminded me of my fisher price first aid kit in the 80s so I renamed). I used a denim remnant. I don't have webbing as I make straps myself from interfacing and fabric, but I didn't need interfacing for this rigid denim. I interfaced the front and back pocket edges. Through taking the photos, I saw drag marks, so I interfaced the centre part of the bag where the straps sit using large offcuts of interfacing I had saved from other projects. lined the pockets in the Halloween cotton and cut the top of the pockets 2cm longer and the lining 2cm shorter so that I could sew the lining to the raw edge and fold the edge down. I used the denim reverse for the contrast. To cut your own 1 inch welbbing, cut 2 of the length (65 or 60 inches? The pattern said 65 inch or 150 cm and that's not the same length) X 4 inches then fold the raw edges to the inside, fold in half and topstitch. The pattern is designed for quilting, so I thought it would be resourceful to use up scraps for patchwork bags.