Saturday 6 May 2023

Itch to Stitch Taroko Skirt

Taroko Skirt The new pattern from Itch to Stitch. For my first version I used 100% cotton canvas with a pique texture, which is dyed both sides. I made no changes except I didn't sew the front pockets or belt loops. It has a pencil skirt look to it be cause I left off the front pockets. I used a faux horn / tortoiseshell button I purchased 8 years ago! I've not managed to find any buttons like this since which are opaque and heavy. I recycle them from clothing I no longer wear. 

  • A-line skirt with front princess seams
  • Front patch pockets integrated into the front princess seams
  • Contour waistband sitting at the natural waist
  • Fly-front zipper with button closure
  • Back waist darts for shaping
  • Back patch pockets
  • Optional belt loops.
Itch to Stitch Seychelles Blouse made from the end of the roll of the blue colourway! I've sewn this fabric before and loved it, so I also chose a pattern I love, Itch to Stitch Seychelles Top. I used the long sleeve option, it only uses approx 1.3 metres for a long sleeve top so is an affordable option with posh fabric. There's also a short pleated sleeve version. I faced it in white as it is a lightweight fabric and I didn't have any cream lawn or poplin, but I think the printed ditsy fabric would have been fine. I hand stitched the facing but you can topstitch too. Long sleeve version.

  • Options for cup sizes. Sizes 00-40
  • V-neck finished with facing
  • Narrow shoulders with extra sleeve cap ease result in a balanced look
  • Two sleeve options:
    • Short sleeve with pleats on the sleeve cap
    • Long sleeve with gathers on the sleeve cap and around the wrist; narrow cuff with button and loop closure.