Gallery

Monday, 3 July 2017

2 x Anza Dresses

Itch to Stitch - Anza Dress/Jumpsuit - This sewing pattern is one of my favourites, I feel comfortable and put together wearing it. The hi-low hem means you can cycle in it. I see many fabrics I want to 'save' for an Anza! This is my third since its release in April, and I only blogged/kept one dress last year! An Anza a month would make a beautiful closet! I can't wait to make another in viscose as it gives it a really fresh blousey look and the gathering with the elastic waist looks delicate. Cotton lawn would also work well. I cut the pocket facing and pockets from the same viscose fabric. I made the mistake once of cutting a facing for a lightweight dress from a quilting cotton and it didn't hang right!  I used medium weight interfacing for the front and back facings, which made it lovely and sturdy to sew together and put on. I also cut the pieces using pinking sheers, which prevented fraying. I used golden tortoiseshell buttons and left off the pockets and drawstring because of the busy print.
Anza made in May. Satin backed Dupion crepe is a durable fabric but it was slippy and it frayed easily! £6/m Fabric Land.. I made the dress from two metres of fabric but I used navy satin for the facings to match the inside.  My fabric was purchased in November and my satin is from 2014!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment