Gallery

Sunday, 21 May 2017

Megan Nielsen Dove Blouse

Megan Nielsen Dove Blouse This blouse I whipped up to go with a new necklace. I used light interfacing and the fabric has a lovely non crease drape.
I stopped for sparkly joys at TKMaxx! This necklace is from an Israeli designer. It's sterling silver but looks almost rose gold. You can find some trendy one off pieces there. It was £18 on sale.
The fabric was from earlier this year (5 metres smooth polyester dress fabric) and I ordered the Dove during a black Friday sale. I planned to make a flowy white or pink linen top but it's perfect short sleeves with a ditsy floral. The Dove blouse has cut out bust darts, which I found easier to sew.  This is a size S. I will definitely make more in this lightweight polyester, viscose or cotton lawn. I loved wearing this top and it is suitable for hot weather.
EDIT - Dove 2!
It looks so nice with jewellery and a straight skirt for work (and requires no to minimal pressing) so I thought I'd make another from the same fabric in a purple  on white colourway - that fabric I purchased last year.
This blouse takes extra time in a polyester dress fabric which tends to fray at the seams, the fabric needs French seams. I had finished an Itch to Stitch Bonn shirt (with handstitched buttons) in this fabric then melted it with the iron! 
I used the hem from my last top for a contrast and some recycling!
*UPDATE. Made in July: Sleeveless hack - Cotton Poplin. The dove blouse needs a light or draping woven fabric but the cotton poplin work fine for a sleeveless. I made some armsyce binding to encase the raw edges and pressed outwards. The neckline and hem have inward facings which are topstitched.
I'll make the flute sleeve version in white in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment