Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Mila Shirt - Lawn

I decided on sleeveless for this floral print after cutting the sleeves because I don't wear prints very often, but I think the sleeves version would be cool in denim chambray given that the 90s seems to be in fashion again!

I used polycotton lawn and glossy brown tortoiseshell buttons. The fabric is the same each side in a charcoal grey dye. I used a very dark grey thread/bobbin. I sewed size 4C which was accurate.  The stiff medium weight interfacing kept the shirt collar sharp and topstitching looks smart. I love the collar! It is a nice width and all the details together make it an interesting 'proper' shirt to sew.

I cut the bias tape diagonally, pressed one side at 1cm, sewed the raw edge to the wrong/reverse side of the shirt and flipped to the front to encase the raw edges, and edge stitch down. 
Also wore it for cocktails in the evening.
 Oxford Canal
Mila Shirt   - Itch to Stitch. Popover shirt with button placket and collar stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment