Gallery

Friday, 27 January 2017

Bonn Shirt, Les Calanques

I loved wearing this shirt, it was the perfect (and comfortable) accompaniment to the best place I've ever visited in Europe! Surgiton Calanque. 
The top view was amazing!
 After hiking down to the Calanque. I could do with an extra invisible button at the bust line on this one.
This shirt has a mandarin collar and a beautiful relaxed fit. Cotton from a small shop in Nice, France (made in France).  I used tortoiseshell-marble buttons. The all-in-one shirt facing is interfaced with light interfacing. with the seam edge stitched and the shirt front understitched. I loved sewing this (one evening) and it has the perfect neckline for a pretty pendant. This is my second version. Size 4-C. You can't see the sleeve cuff detail to well with this print, they are folded twice, and then folded up from the front and topstitched close to the edge. I imagine this shirt looks great in any print because it has a simple and neat neckline. A Hawaiian shirt would be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment