Friday, 22 April 2016

By Hand London Anna Dress

By Hand London 'Anna' PDF - Winchester in Hampshire.
I gave these Tommy Hilfiger sunnies to my friend who took the photos!
Riverside flowers.
Mouse grey polyester with tiny black leaves. I cut the front facing in Duchess satin (navy) and also stitched organza ribbon around the neckline to prevent stretching. For the back facing, I used two sides of  dress fabric, clipped and reversed at the bottom for a neat edge. I used organza ribbon for the hem and armscye too. The facing raises up at the front, on the V neck anyway. I understitched and topstitched at a close 5mm - hand tacking or topstitching further away would help. Since I used a contrast fabric for the front, I quite like it!
 The first time I made it from white broderie anglaise and white cotton but it was too big. The size 12 fits fine and it was much quicker to sew unlined. You can cycle in this dress too!
Blazer: Linea. Bracelet: Rock my Vintage. Gin pendant: Tatty Devine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment