Gallery

Sunday, 13 August 2017

Beausoleil Blouse & Rosari Skirt

Itch to Stitch Beausoleil Dress & Top - I was attracted to the French name, and the option for peplum. It's a simple versatile design, but also interesting enough to want to sew. I also like the smart appearance of sleeve cuffs in shirt patterns. I sewed size 4C with 8 peplum and graded between. It has front darts and a centre back invisible zip.
I like that this top is not too close fitting, it was smart, neat and fresh to wear.

I used rose print cotton lawn and white cotton lawn for facings.
This is an intermediate sewing pattern because it uses an all in one facing, understitching and pulling the back pieces through the shoulders can be tricky but it looks beautifully neat. I also edge stitched mine. The front and back facings and sleeve bands are interfaced, along with the centre back zip. I'd sew it again but stick with cotton lawn or viscose, something that presses easily. I used a white invisible zip as that is what I already had left over from last summer and silver hook and eye. I think the cut outs add a modern edge to a granny chic print like this one!
Pauline Alice Rosari Skirt
I used white/navy bengaline and golden/charcoal tortoiseshell buttons, this is the patch pocket version. Understitched the button facings and waistband so it was crisp to press and topstitch. I would say the waistband comes up 1 inch smaller than the garment measurement listed.
I wore a Eucalyptus brand shirt (made in UK) and my Rosari skirt for the walk (and pub!). The deer in Hampton Wick area. The parks shoot them to 'control the population' which is definitely a lie as humans far outnumber the deer! They are gorgeous gentle animals.
 This deer was wading through the water and his friend was throwing mud over his shoulder to keep cool.
We purchased a London travelcard for £15.80 on the railcard, but you can visit Richmond or Hampton Wick from Reading avoiding the underground and probably around £13.

2 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous top Renata. It almost makes me want to fiddle around with another pdf! I love Itch to Stitch but I so wish they were available in printed patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you it was rewarding to sew. I think if you just print the pages for the top it is quick to assemble

      Delete