Gallery

Sunday, 9 July 2017

Wilamette Shirt - Cotton Poplin

This white cotton poplin I purchased in 2016. It's the perfect shirt fabric because it's not too transparent or grainy. Topstitching looks crisp and I also like the way the mottled look of washed cotton before ironing too. I need to go back to other shirt patterns and make more plain or pastel shirts as they look smart. I opted for the cropped version. I used medium interfacing for the collar and a light/medium for the front facings. I would prefer a collar stand but it is fine for a casual shirt. Hey June Wilamette Shirt. I sewed the topstiching narrower then added two dainty clear-white buttons. I love the modern androgynous look of these loose shirts and they're so trendy to wear. I prefer to wear woven tops and buttons are a plus.  Willamette has a hi low hem version which I will try next time with a flowy fabric like lightweight crepe for a different look.

No comments:

Post a Comment