Gallery

Tuesday, 14 March 2017

Mila Shirt - Lawn


Oxford Canal.
Oxford Canal. Godstow Abbey.
Mila Shirt - Itch to Stitch PDF Sewing Pattern - Ideal transitional shirt for spring

I decided on sleeveless for this floral print after cutting the sleeves because I don't wear prints very often, but I think the sleeves version would be cool in denim chambray given that the 90s seems to be in fashion again!

I used polycotton lawn and glossy brown tortoiseshell buttons. The fabric is the same each side in a charcoal grey dye. I used a very dark grey thread/bobbin. I sewed size 4C which was accurate.  The stiff medium weight interfacing kept the shirt collar sharp and topstitching looks smart. I love the collar! It is a nice width and all the details together make it an interesting 'proper' shirt to sew.

I cut the bias tape diagonally, pressed one side at 1cm, sewed the raw edge to the wrong/reverse side of the shirt and flipped to the front to encase the raw edges, and edge stitch down. 
Mila Shirt   - Itch to Stitch. Popover shirt with button placket and collar stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment