Simplicity 3688 - I cut the 1940s blouse from recycled fabric (skirt and lining from an unworn Eucalyptus dress) by using a pattern that had a panel at the top, and I drafted a panel for the back to account for the shorter length of fabric. I cut sleeves but decided a sleeveless would be more sensible in this sudden heat wave so I pressed some bias binding. I also altered the neckline 7mm lower.The top has two gathered parts under the contrast and 4 front pleats, which aren't very visible with the print. I sewed the back hem longer than the pattern by cutting to the end of the curved dip ofthe original skirt hem. All pieces are cut symmetrical to the original seams. I french seamed the pale green which is a thin batiste cotton and the sides are french seamed. The contrast is french seam and topstitched.