1940s shirt from Simplicity 1590 pattern & quilting cotton I purchased in Henley. (*Outfit photos, March)
The blouse was too big choosing the size at the bust measurement so I took in the darts and sides to fit and rejoined at the peplum. I used buttons in a wood-marbled colour that I found in a £2.50 multipack beige/brown. Folded at back collar. Coffee coloured batik leaf print cotton (£7-8/m, Henley) x 1.5m. I decided on copper taffeta for the facings with self fabric for the curved part which attaches to the necklike and fusible interfacing for the rest (which wasn't so fusible on taffeta).