Gallery

Sunday, 20 December 2015

Oxford Rose S1202 Blouse & Sew Bag

This bag is from a previous addition Cath Kidston book. 
Have some mud.
2nd version of Simplicity 1202 in Cath Kidston Autumn Winter 2015 cotton sateen. This size is still roomy - perhaps a drapey fabric is better. I used a purple grapes button and olive green ribbon. All seams are folded under. I double folded and topstitched the sleeve hem before attaching them as I knew it would fit. The neckline is self bias bound, which worked well for my first version too.

The book comes with the fabric cut to make the shoulder bag and I ended up cutting around the templates on a new canvas fabric so I can make it again without having to measure the dimensions. There aren't diagrams for every step like with a traditional pattern and the text is white on pale green so it is hard to read (the latest book is readable). I also decided to add a lining, blue polysatin, and sew the label on by machine before sewing the bag using blue thread on the very edge. It's pretty to hold your threads, zips and whatnot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment