Gallery

Monday, 25 May 2015

Simplicity 4760 Mens Beach Shirt (Aqua)

Friend asked for a casual shirt as he has cleared out clothing for charity! I sewed size M short sleeve. 
 

Simplicity 4760 - I made the collar loop but didn't use it as I thought a horizontal buttonhole would be neater.  Sewed two straight pockets but didn't add them either! I used the same fabric for the facing and overlocked too it in dark turquoise. It is a tie dye teal deep sea-green Hill-Berg 100% cotton that looks very blue in photos! Clear buttons to suit the water effect.  I'd like to sew a shirt with a collar stand separate to the collar next but this shirt is fine for a casual look, I would also use heavy interfacing on the collar next time. 
I made this dress out of hippy fabric (bought 3 metres then charity shopped the fabric and this dress, fun but too bright for me!) I lined the sleeves/bodice in this aqua print. I used Simplicity 6094.

2 comments: